Introducing some upgrades
May 14, 2012 at 9:36AM
Welcome to the new Open Source @ Brightcove website. While the site may look the same for the most part, it's running on a brand-new back-end and sports some features that were long overdue.
To call out a few of the major updates:
- You can now browse projects by tag.
- All browse views are broken up into pages.
- Our new GitHub integration allows for README.md-driven project summaries on the Open Source site (even from repositories not stored in BrightcoveOS' account).
- The new forums are more tightly integrated with the site as a whole (unfortunately the old forum topics could not be imported).
- User accounts are now site-wide and not limited solely to the forums (this gives us freedom to add community features in the future). Existing user accounts from the old forums have been imported, but due to tighter security you will have to reset your password on your first login attempt.
- OSAB now has site-wide search. Search will cover all README-generated project pages as well as forum activity, blog entries, and OSAB static pages to give you the best chance of finding exactly what you're looking for.
- An enhanced blogging platform means we can deliver relevant news much easier.
Anyone can join the Open Source @ Brightcove team. Dive right in and start responding to issues, answering forum questions or submitting code patches through our GitHub repository.